- Buying a Condo?
- Condos' Financial Structure
- Owners' Money Facts
- Owners’ Meetings and Voting
- Boards of Directors
- Owners' Rights and Responsibilities
- Managers and Management Companies
- Common Problems of Condo Living
- Condo Act, Declaration, Rules, and By-Laws
- What Should Be Done to Improve Condo Governance and Help Owners?
- FAQs About Your Building & Your Unit
- Condo Auditors & Lawyers
- Condos & Insurance
- Tenants & Landlords
- Are Condos Family Friendly?
- Links and Bibliography
Links and Bibliography
Links to Condo Acts
- Ontario Condominium Act, 1998:
- Alberta Condominium Property Act:
- British Columbia’s Strata Property Act:
- Manitoba Condominium Act:
- New Brunswick Condominium Property Act:
- Newfoundland and Labrador Condominium Act:
- Northwest Territories Condominium Act:
- Nova Scotia Condominium Act:
- Nunavut Condominium Act:
- Prince Edward Island Condominium Act:
- (Quebec’s Condo Act) Article 1063 du Code Civil du Quebec:
- Saskatchewan Condominium Property Act:
- Yukon Condominium Act:
Other Government Links
- Ministry of Consumer Services (Ontario):
- Residential Tenancies Act, Ontario:
- Tarion Warranty Corporation (Ontario’s new home warranty program):
- Ontario Human Rights Code:
- Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario:
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Ontario:
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada:
- Office of Energy Efficiency (Canada):
- Better Building Partnership (Toronto's Energy Savings Retrofits Programs):
- Toronto’s Energy Efficiency Office:
- Ontario Building Code:
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (search for "noise"):
- Real Estate Council of Ontario:
- Real Estate Council of British Columbia:
- Office of the Florida Ombudsman:
- Nevada Common Interest Communities and Condominium Hotels Ombudsman:
- Excellent article on condo fraud: http://metronews.ca/features/toronto-condo-fraud/792682/toronto-condo-fraud-the-condo-act-review/#
- A very thorough website providing information on what occurs in courts and other relevant information about condos. Information that we would not find elsewhere:
Audrey Loeb, a condo lawyer, says the present condo laws are like the wild west for uninformed buyers.
Canadian Alliance for Condominium Owners Rights. This is the only group that represents condo owners in Ontario:
- Housing @ Real Estate and Management Degree from Guelph University:
- Law Society of Upper Canada (referral service for public):
- BC Strata Advocate:
- Vancouver Island Strata Owners Association:
- A legal website's review (Ontario):
- Interesting and useful plumbing information:
- Owners' Corporation Network (Australia):
- Benoit, A. M., Joli-Coeur, Y., et Yves Papineau. 2006. Le Condo: Tout ce qu’il faut savoir. Montreal: Wilson et Lafleur.
- Gardiner, J. R. 2001. The Condominium Act, 1998 – A Practical Guide. Toronto: Canadian Condominium Institute.
- Herskowitz, H., and Freedman, M. 2001. Condominiums in Ontario: A Practical Analysis of the New Legislation. Toronto: Law Society of Upper Canada and the Ontario Bar Association.
- Hyman, G. 2008. 6th ed. Condominium Handbook (Ontario). Toronto: Canadian Condominium Institute.
- Joli-Coeur, Y., et Papineau, Y. 2007. Les coproprietes en difficulte: Constats et solutions. Montreal: Wilson et Lafleur.
- Lincoln, M. G. 1999. The Condominium Self Management Guide. 2nd ed.
- Loeb, A. 2009. 3rd ed.The Condominium Act: A User’s Manual. Toronto: Carswell.